For many years when it came to home or business security systems, a hardwire system was the only option available. When wireless security first came along the new technology wasn’t cheap, and for the average person hardwire was still the only affordable option. Over the years the technology has improved and the pricing has leveled out. With the advances in battery technology, the lithium batteries now have about a 7 to 10 year life span, making the wireless decision a very cost effective way to go for home security.
With wireless equipment the installation time is cut by more than 50%, and the actual installation process is much less invasive to the homeowner. Where a hardwire essential package may take up to 5 or 6 hours to install, the same wireless package may only take 1 1/2 to 3 hours for installation.
On a wireless system a receiver is integrated with the control panel and the individual sensors have battery operated transmitters in them that communicate with the panels receiver through a secure radio frequency. The system is self supervised and will even inform you when batteries are low and in need of replacement.
Even though all the sensors are wireless, the actual L3000 panel still has two lines that have to be ran. One line to a power supply, and the second line to the telephone box, unless you have a cellular unit for the central station connection. Just like a professional hardwire job the wires are fished through the walls and hidden form view unless you have opted for the desk mount. The desk mount offers the convenience of having a speaker phone and the controls of your security system at your side.
- Category: Security Packages
- L3000 Features:
• 2 x 16 Custom Alpha backlit display
• “Follow Me” alarm and reminder announcements
• Voice prompted clock setting
• Full voice response
• Family message center that records and plays back voice messages
• Speakerphone operation
• Remote phone control
• Optional bidirectional remote provides system status feedback
• Optional wireless, programmable remotes offer single-button system control
• Activates lights, appliances, garage doors and numerous other applications with the touch of a button or at specified times (with optional X-10® devices and transformer)
• Quick exit feature enables users to leave the house for a brief time without disarming the system
• Chime by zone feature sounds chime and speaks location in plain English
• Single button operation